Save And Restore Your Tooth
Pain within your tooth is often caused by infection within and surrounding your tooth’s root. A root canal procedure removes the infection and related health risks and saves your tooth from extraction.
Root canal therapy is easily misunderstood. The treatment has a reputation for being painful causing it to be avoided.
Contrary to opinion, a root canal can actually be a comfortable procedure. Sedation is available to help assure your comfort during treatment. And the good news…you’ll most often notice an immediate reduction in tooth pain after the treatment is completed.
Symptoms To Be Aware Of
A tooth infection is a warning that something’s not right. Tooth decay, tooth damage that’s visible, and oral disease can create an infection within your tooth structure and surrounding tissue.
Symptoms can include:
- A large cavity in your tooth
- Discoloration on your tooth
- Red, swollen, or bleeding gums around your tooth
Saving Your Tooth Is Possible
Root canal treatment targets the source of your tooth infection. The infected area is removed, prevented from worsening, and treated to promote healing.
Post-treatment care is essential to experiencing a comfortable recovery following a root canal.
- Avoid chewing pressure and hard, sticky foods on the treated area
- Be gentle when brushing and flossing
- Control any pain or discomfort with recommended over-the-counter pain medication
- Follow our guidelines on any prescribed antibiotics and post care instructions including a warm salt water rinse
- Contact our dental office if you experience any complications or ongoing discomfort
Contact your El Dorado dentist, Dr. Siri Ziese, DDS, at Ziese Family Dentistry about any mouth pain, discomfort, or signs of an oral infection. Schedule an examination and discover how root canal therapy can eliminate your pain and save your tooth.