Maximizing Dental Benefits
We believe your oral health is our top priority and we don’t want your insurance options to limit your smile. We accept all dental PPO insurance plans (in-network and out-of-network) and we’ll help maximize your dental benefits and reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
Participating Dental Insurance Companies
Dr. Ziese is a network PPO provider with many dental insurance companies, including the following companies. Please contact your dental insurance company to confirm in-network status.
Dental Insurance FAQs
“Do I really need dental insurance coverage?”
If your employer offers a benefits plan…use it! And to help you understand out-of-pocket costs if you decide to purchase a plan, refer to these questions:
- What is the plan’s premium (cost) amount?
- What deductible will you pay?
- What co-payment is required?
- What treatment cost percentage (co-insurance) will you pay?
Also, consider your dental appointment frequency and treatment received or pending:
- Are you consistent with routine (annual) check-ups?
- Do you often need treatment following your check-ups?
Talk to us about your dental health history. This can have an impact on your dental benefits decision(s).
“How do dental benefits work?”
Not all dental plans comprehensively cover treatment. It’s best to consult your employer-funded dental plan (if applicable) about coverage details. We will help assure that you’re maintaining your dental health. Along the way be reminded that some recommended treatment might not be covered. Ask us and we can help you navigate your benefits scope.
“What does my dental insurance plan cover?”
Treatment costs are shared by most plans. It’s most often clarified by percentages.
For example, your employer pays into your plan if yours is an employer-funded benefits plan. What you’re responsible for will be outlined in your plan’s details:
- Deductibles can apply to many services
- Co-insurance can reveal the percentage you’re responsible for paying
- An annual maximum is the dollar amount the plan pays during a year of coverage
- Pre-existing conditions can also affect coverage amounts
- Clarify treatment limits prior to beginning any procedure, including a dental emergency (at home or away)
“Will Ziese Family Dentistry handle my dental claim?”
Yes – We’ll prepare and submit your dental claim to your dental insurance company, including all related x-ray, images, and note attachments. If your claim is denied, then we’ll help investigate possible solutions for re-billing your dental insurance company before billing you directly for payment owed.
We’re prepared to provide additional insight and clarification for these common questions and any you have about dental insurance coverage.
Contact your El Dorado dentist, Dr. Siri Ziese, DDS, at Ziese Family Dentistry with any dental insurance questions.